As a national leader in SculpSure laser body contouring, Dr. Alison Abiri has answered many questions that can help you decide if this treatment is right for you.
What is SculpSure?
- SculpSure™ is the very first FDA approved, non-invasive laser platform for fat reduction.
- The laser is made by the same company who makes SmartLipo, a well known and trusted company.
- SculpSure™ works by heating up the fat cells so they are damaged. The body then clears away the damaged fat cells on its own.
- SculpSure™ utilizes cooling plates to keep the skin cool and comfortable while the heat is concentrated and delivered right into the fat.
- As SculpSure™ is completely non-invasive, there is no downtime, and no need for any type of anesthesia.
Who is this procedure for?
- SculpSure can help both women and men reduce those stubborn bulges!
- It’s the newest technology and best approach to contour your body by damaging unwanted fat without surgery or downtime. Treat those pesky love handles. Tired of that bulge around your bra? Can’t get rid of the belly pooch despite exercising?
- Up to 24% of Fat in the treatment area can be gone in as little at 25 minutes with a single treatment. This treatment sculpts your body into the shape you always wished you had without surgery or downtime.**
What areas of my body can be treated?
- SculpSure is a true breakthrough laser treatment recently FDA cleared for fat reduction of the abdomen, flanks, inner thighs, outer tights, back, and under the chin**.
- Most commonly, we use SculpSure to treat the Abdomen (stomach), Flanks (love handles or muffin top), Inner Thighs, Outer Thighs, and Back.
- SculpSure has multiple smaller applicator allowing more flexible placement of the treatment pads which in turns provides the highest level of customization when compared to the older “freeze the fat” technology.
- The treatment applications do not require suction and so many people who were not good candidates for CoolSculpting may now be treated with SculpSure.
- Treatment is significantly faster than some current treatments; anatomical areas can be treated in approximately 25 minutes, and multiple areas may be treated at the same time.
- Skin of all colors is treatable.
- Patients are able to achieve results without downtime or surgery.
- SculpSure can get rid of those stubborn bulges for good and help you to achieve the shape you want by reducing the number of fat cells, giving you a slimmer, more sculpted look.**
Are you at or within 30lbs of your ideal body weight**?
- SculpSure fat reduction is designed for those who are at or near their ideal weight but still have unwanted fat.
- If you are not within this target weight, there are many other fat reduction options that would work for you with our affiliated and board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Raymond Jean.
How much does SculpSure Cost?
The pricing for treatments at the SculpSure is based on the number of applicators.
- Each SculpSure™ applicator is competitively priced as low as $400 (compare to $700+ for Coolsculping™ applicators).
- The average lower abdomen takes 4 applicators, which can be run in one single 25 minute cycle.
- The flanks (love handles) also take on average 4 applicators (2 on each side). Similarly all 4 of these applicators can be run in one single 25 minute cycle.
- For purchases over 4 applicators, there are significant discounts with per applicator price as low as $325 per applicator (when your purchase 12 or more applicators).
What is the difference between SculpSure™ and CoolSculpting™?
- NUMBER OF TREATMENTS: The results from Sculpsure™ and CoolSculpting™ are about the same. You can expect a 20-24% improvement in the treated area with either procedure. On average it takes 4 sculpsure applicators or 4 coolsculpting applicators to treat an abdomen, so it is fairly easy to compare technologies.**
- TIME DIFFERENCE: Whereas CoolSculpting™ takes on average 1 hour per applicator, to treat an abdomen and flanks with 3 CoolSculpting applicators it would take 3 hours. With SculpSure™ the same area with 8 abdominal applicators can run in just 50 minutes. Similarly, treating the love handles with CoolSculpting can take 2 hours if using 2 cool-curve applicators on each side, whereas with SculpSure both love handle can be treated simultaneously in just 25 minutes.
- PRICE DIFFERENCE: Since the SculpSure™ system is so much more time efficient, the cost per applicator is much less. We charge just $400 per applicator for SculpSure™, whereas with CoolSculpting each applicator typically costs $700 and up!
- COMFORT: With SculpSure™ there is no suction, freezing, or end of procedure massage – the two most uncomfortable parts of the CoolSculpting™ procedure. SculpSure™ requires no anesthetic.
- TIME TO RESULTS: Results come a little sooner with SculpSure™ than with CoolSculpting™ .
- SIDE EFFECTS: Periodic pains and numbness up to weeks-months has been reported with CoolSculpting™ whereas there has been no reported side effects from SculpSure™. In addition bruising is not uncommon from CoolSculpting™’s suction applicators. There is no suction with SculpSure so there is no bruising or numbness! “Shark-bites” have not been seen with SculpSure because of thermal spread of the treatment.
What are the biggest advantages of SculpSure™?
- Super-Fast 25 minute treatment times
- Easily tolerated
- Cost effective
- Completely non-invasive
- Results without surgery
- No-vacuum or painful massage as with CoolSculpting™
- Versatile applicators allow for treating many areas.
- Thermal spread creates treatment areas slightly larger than applicator size.
What sort of result can I expect?
- Medical research studies show a SculpSure treatment results in a 20-25% improvement in the area treated. What does this mean? Tuck you thumb behind the rest of your fingers and keep your other 4 fingers extended. Now if those 4 fingers represent the depth of the fat in the area treated, one cycle would typically reduce up to about 1 fingers-worth. With these results, some people find that only one treatment cycle is needed, however most patients repeat the treatment after a six weeks to achieve even better results!*
If I had CoolSculpting™ in the past, can I still do SculpSure™?
- Many people with who have had Coolsculpting™ before have had treatment with SculpSure to either achieve a better result in a previously treated area, or to treat a brand new area.
- Sometimes CoolSculpting™ can lead to small untreated areas between treatment applicators (known as shark-bites) which can be treated with SculpSure™. SculpSure does not cause this problem because thermal spread creates treatment areas slightly larger than applicator size resulting in a natural result.
I want SculpSure™. Now why should I get my treatment with you?
- We are one of the first locations to adopt SculpSure™ technology and have been using Cynosure lasers for quite some time including their SmartLipo™, Cellulaze™, and Precision Tx at our Main Line Plastic Surgery location.
- Since we are experienced and preform all methods of fat removal, from non-invasive to traditional liposuction, we can advise you which treatment modality best fits your personal needs and goals.
- We are comfortable using SculpSure™ off label to treat additional areas such as the back (bra bulge), inner thighs, outer thighs, and the arms.
- Have a decadent spa experience and enjoy a complimentary neck, shoulder, and hand massage during your treatment.
- Dr. Alison customizes and supervises every SculpSure™ treatment. She has had extensive training and expertise in this procedure, and she has personally undergone the treatment herself. You may be seen by one of her personally selected and trained assistants, but she closely follows each patient through the treatment process.
- We stand by our results! SculpSure™ can target up to 24% of the fat**, however sometimes our patients want even more of a result. In these cases, if you purchased a package deal for treating multiple areas, we will honor your per applicator discounted rate for all future re-treatments. Alternatively, if you had SculpSure with us and want to just get rid of all the fat remaining at once, we offer $500 off our SmartLipo™ procedure which remains the gold standard for fat removal at Main Line Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Alison Abiri
With over ten years experience as a licensed physician, Dr. Alison’s medical expertise are well known throughout the community. Dr. Alison Abiri MD is the founder of Essent Spa and co-founder of Main Line Plastic Surgery. She has extensive expertise in the cosmetic industry including the development of customized laser treatment protocols and physician only skincare both in a medical and spa settings. Dr. Alison created skincare line Spa Script MD, which is exclusively available at Essent Spa. As a physician, skincare expert, and mother of five, Essent Spa is the culmination of her vision.